Monday, December 21, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog?

I've been thinking for a long time about reviving my blog. Usually, the conversation in my head goes something like this:

Pro-Blogging Stephanie

(optimistically) I should revive my blog.

Anti-Blogging Stephanie

(bored) Whatever. You don't have anything to say.

Pro-Blogging Stephanie

I have at least as much to say as a lot of other schmucks with blogs out there.

Anti-Blogging Stephanie

So, you're really willing to settle for being a schmuck with a blog? (chuckles)

Pro-Blogging Stephanie

(frowning) Well, no. (slight pause, continues thoughtfully) But I'm a pretty decent writer. I just need an idea, and then I think I could rise above schmuckiness.

Anti-Blogging Stephanie

OK. (small chuckle) What's your idea? (continues chuckling quietly)

Pro-Blogging Stephanie

(cocks an eyebrow and ignores the chuckles) I have one, but I'm not so sure about it.

Anti-Blogging Stephanie

(stops chuckling, now curious) What is it?

Pro-Blogging Stephanie

I really like Paris Daily Photo, and I was thinking I could do the same thing for Harrisonburg.

Anti-Blogging Stephanie

That could be cool. I love photography. But do you really want to commit to blogging every day? And to taking all those photos?

Pro-Blogging Stephanie

Exactly. (sighs) If I didn't have so many other hobbies, maybe I could commit to a daily photo blog. I won't completely rule something like that out, but I'd like to have success with something a little less time-consuming first.

Anti-Blogging Stephanie

Is that your only idea?

Pro-Blogging Stephanie

Hmmm... That was the only specific idea. I wouldn't mind doing something food-related.

Anti-Blogging Stephanie

Oh yeah. Another food blog is just what this world needs. You could be a schmuck with a food blog. (small chuckle)

Pro-Blogging Stephanie

(resigned) I know. (slight pause, continues defensively) But I'm really passionate about food! What other topic could inspire me to blog on a semi-regular basis?

Anti-Blogging Stephanie

Good point.

Pro-Blogging Stephanie

(resigned again) That's it. I don't have any other ideas.

Anti-Blogging Stephanie

In that case, let's go get something to eat. I'm hungry.

Pro-Blogging Stephanie

Mmm... Food.

No comments: